Payment Types are the different types of methods your studio accepts as payment for goods and services. The properties in a Payment Type object control the behavior of REV23 Desktop when receiving or making a payment.
The payment types that are built-in are required by the system and cannot be deleted or renamed.
Payment Type Properties
Name: The name of the Payment Type. The name is required and must be unique.
The names of built-in payment types cannot be edited and will appear disabled.
Behavior Type: If checked, this will be the payment type that is returned to a customer as change and used for cash payouts. Only one payment type can have this checkbox checked.
- Default: The payment type has no special behavior.
- Cash: The payment type will be returned to a customer as change and used for cash payouts. Only one payment type can have this behavior selected.
- Credit Card: The payment type will be eligible for credit card transactions.
- Gift Card: The payment type will be the payment type that is used when redeeming gift cards. Only one payment type can have this behavior selected.
Refund Type: The Payment Type that REV23 Desktop will attempt to use when processing a refund the payment.
- Default: An attempt will be made to refund the payment as it was taken.
- Cash: The payment will be refunded using cash.
- In-Store Credit: The payment type will be refunded with an in-store credit.
Accepted As Payment If checked, this payment type will appear in the lookup list view when creating a new payment.
Open Cash Drawer If checked, the cash drawer will open (if installed) when a payment that uses this payment type is saved.